Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Execute every row problem

Default Execute every row problem

Hi,

I am trying to understand how 'Execute for every input row' works.

1) I have a master job that has a transformation the reads from the txt file and copies the 'rows to results'.

2) I then call a job 'optimus_salesforce_acct_chk_call' ( see pictures ) - for this job I have 'Copy previous results to parameters' and 'Execute for every input row' checked under the Advanced tab. In the parameter list I have the columns that are in the 'results' from the previous transformation.

3) In 'optimus_salesforce_acct_chk_call' (see picture), I delete a file and then have transformations that create an xml soap message. Only one of the transformations (optimus_salesforce_acct_chk_body) uses the parameters that were passed.

4) Instead of the sequence of events in the called job being executed for each input row, it seems that the 'file delete, optimus_salesforce_acct_chk_hdr, and optimus_salesforce_acct_chk_ftr' is execute once, but the optimus_salesforce_acct_chk_body is executed for each input row.

I end up with a file that contains two 'detail' type rows (see picture) with one hdr and one footer. Instead what I want, is the file output to have one header, one detail and one footer type row.

Seems to me that the 'execute fro each row' is not working right?

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Hi.
    Have you checked that your output filenames changes and that you are not overwriting the same file every time?
    I made that mistake once.

Alternatively, run your job using the Details option for the log and check if you have any error messages.

Finally, please have a look at the following blog:
    http://www.cloud2land.com/2011/06/pe...ultiple-files/

Mick