Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: how does distribution works if there are no specific user subscription?

Default how does distribution works if there are no specific user subscription?

I need the xaction to store certain reports externally irrespective of the subscription, i.e even if there are zero subscriptions,i need those repoorts created once in the filesystem and even if they have 10 subscriptions, they are created ONCE in the filesystem.. is this a doable trick?
    Regards,
    Madhu

Ok. let me rephrase... atleast to get a no! Can the enterprise console administrator just schedule those reports so that they get generated and store on the filesystem. i.e, its not specific to user subscription.
    P.S. I am aware of the having the output destination as file, in an xaction., but that works only with respect to user subscription!
    Regards,
    Madhu

Not that this is the best way to do this...

* Xaction Calls PDI Transform
    * PDI Transform uses PRPT step to write out report

Just one way to do it...

HI Gutlez,
    Am I scheduling my xaction or PDI? If I schedule xaction, you mean to say a private schedule?

If it is a private schedule, then I can even run the report from the xaction right(instead of asking PDI to run that for me)?
    Regards,
    Madhu

If you wanted to drive everything from the BI Scheduler, you would schedule the xaction to call the PDI transform.
    I think in later releases, you can schedule the PDI transform directly from the BI Scheduler.

As I said - it's one option, not necessarily the best.