Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Repository duplication

Default Repository duplication

[SOLVED - discrepancy in repositories.xml]
    Hi,

I have a working set of transformations (PDI 4.2 stable) writing to postgres.
    I am in the process of trying a new backend, but did not want to mess our current transformations, and thus decided to fully duplicate the current repository, in the following manner:

mysql> CREATE DATABASE newPentaho;
    mysqldump -u root old_pentaho | mysql -u root newPentaho

Then it is just a matter of creating a new repository connection pointing to the new DB (newPentaho), adding the xml definition in repositories.xml and we are all set.

For testing, I just changed the definition of our output_connection to point towards the new DB instead of postgres, *in the new repository*.

The thing is, when I run a transformation or when i create a new job, it connects to the old repository whatever the -rep parameter I give or the repository I choose when graphically loging in.

This does not seem normal to me, is there a way for me to fix this?

Thanks,
    Guillaume
    Last edited by Gui; 11-24-2011 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Issue solved

Maybe I can give a clearer test case:

** Situation:
    Two repositories, the new one being a clone of the old one as described in the previous post

** Jobs defined via spoon, the graphical interface:
    -- I create JOB1 in the new repository
    -- I create JOB2 in the old repository.

In the interface, all look as expected (job1 appears only in new, job2 only in old).

** execution
    Where I run the job via the cli (kitchen.sh)
    It does not matter which repository I give via the -rep command line switch, job1 will never be found (Can't find job : Job1) job2 will always be found and exected, meaning that kitchen always connect to the old repository.

/usr/local/pentaho/kitchen.sh -level=Basic -rep=new -user=*** -pass=*** -job=Job2 -dir='/'

This discrepancy between spoon and kitchen does not seem right to me.

Guillaume