Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Proceed only if both of previous two jobs are succesful

Default Proceed only if both of previous two jobs are succesful

Hello Everyone,

I have JobA and JobB. I have hop from JobA to JobC and hop from JobB to JobC. I would like to execute JobC only if both JobA and JobB were successful. I cannot put JobA and JobB consecutively, since I need them to execute irrespective of each other.

Any ideas?

Regards,
    Alex

create jobWrapper, put JobA and JobB inside (execute in parallel if you wish). Let each fail (attach abort step) in case of an error. Do not create "success" steps in jobWrapper. Then create jobMain as [start]->[jobWrapper]-success->jobC. Attach a fail arrow to jobWrapper if you need special processing in case jobA or jobB failed.

Cheers
    Slawo

Excellent!

I only came up with executing two jobs consecutively and reading the results and executing one job in parallel without continuation. You solution is more efficient, since it does not require executing the same job twice.

I am still trying to understand why do you need success step? It seems to work without it.

For a lot of folks the Success and Abort job entries help in clearly visualizing the result of the job.