Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Win Server 2003 and Scheduling PDI jobs

Default Win Server 2003 and Scheduling PDI jobs

Hello everyone,

I scheduled a job using Windows Server 2003 scheduler and it ran fun, while I was logged into server, and when I scheduled and logged out it did not run.

I did similar staff with batch file that copies another file to a different location (for testing purposes) and it worked perfectly when I was not logged in.

Is this a limitation of community edition?

Regards,
    Alex

It is possible to run from Scheduler in CE (I haven't done it, but a number of people here do)

The big thing is to make sure that **ALL** your OS variables are set when not logged in, and that file paths are accessible.

Run a batch file to call your kitchen / pan call, and log **EVERYTHING** it tells you. It will help diagnose what's going on.

Hi Alex,

if I remember correctly, there is a checkbox named "Run this job whether user is logged on or not" in the Windows Scheduled Tasks-Manager... somewhere... pretty well hidden

HTH,

Tom

Thank you, gutlez!

I am looking at Event Viewer on server right now. I tried running batch file with PDI job in it without any scheduling and unfortunately event viewer did not record anything, even though the job ran successfully. Do you know where I can find more info on Win server logging?

@TomS Thank you Tom, I found the option you mention, it is unchecked by default, so should not cause any trouble in my case.

Alex,

Try doing something like:

Code:
    REM Beginning of Batch File
    cd \my\path\to\pdi
    kitchen.bat /all /my /options > c:\Temp\Mylog.log 
    REM End of Batch File
    Then schedule that batch file (and log out) and look for the MyLog.log file after it ran...
    **THIS IS A SIGNATURE - IT GETS POSTED ON (ALMOST) EVERY POST**
    I'm no expert.
    Take my comments at your own risk.

PDI user since PDI 3.1
    PDI on Windows 7 & Linux

Please keep in mind (and this may not apply to this thread):
    No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.
    Signature Updated: 2014-06-30