Having installed Pentaho successfully in the cloud, we are I am now attempting to install it in Linux on my desktop. I am able to get the BI console up and running and access it on the Web, but I am not able to publish schemas in Schema Workbench to the repository.

Working on configuring the JNDI data source as per this step document. http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/ServerDoc1x/Configuring+JNDI+Datasources+for+use+in+the+Pentaho+BI+Platform

This link says you have to ‘work with thee preconfigured install’ as per this link: http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Serv...d+Installation

That link says: After installing the driver, you'll need to configure the JBoss server with a datasource and a JNDI name to reference the datasource. This is done by creating a datasource definition file in /pentaho-preconfiguredinstall/server/default/deploy. The datasource definition file is an XML file whose name consists of an arbitrary name followed by "-ds.xml", for instance, my-datasource-name-ds.xml.

Does this mean that the folder is supposed to already exist or should it be created? That folder doesnt exist in either install, not the one that allows me to publlish successfully nor in the one that doesnt (my desktop)

Having determined where the JNDI ds file is supposed to go, in the DS template below what parameters should the same names be used for myJNDIname and myDatabaseName?

Finally, can all this be done from the User Console in Create data source. If so, what is required in the Connection panel (which now has SampleData). Is this a connection string or some kind of JNDI object, and how should it be created?
DS template:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<datasources>
<local-tx-datasource>
<!-- JNDI name of the datasource, it is prefixed with java:/ -->
<jndi-name>myJNDIName</jndi-name>

<connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/myDatabaseName</connection-url>

<driver-class>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</driver-class>
<user-name>username</user-name>
<password>password</password>

<!-- optional params follow -->

<!-- sql to call when connection is created -->
<new-connection-sql>select * from myTable</new-connection-sql>
<!-- sql to call on an existing pooled connection when it is obtained from pool -->
<check-valid-connection-sql>select * from myTable</check-valid-connection-sql>
<!-- minimum connections in a pool. Pools are lazily constructed on first use -->
<min-pool-size>5</min-pool-size>
<!-- maximum connections in a pool. -->

<max-pool-size>20</max-pool-size>
<!-- Time to wait to check if connection is idle. Connection destroyed
somewhere between 1x and 2x this timeout after last use -->
<idle-timeout-minutes>0</idle-timeout-minutes>
<!-- Whether to check all statements are closed when the connection is returned to the pool,
this is a debugging feature that should be turned off in production -->
<track-statements>true</track-statements>
</local-tx-datasource>
</datasources>