Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Measures in schema workbench

Default Measures in schema workbench

Hi,

I'm using the tool schema workbench:

I've tha fact table KXDF_PREANN and the measure N.PRESTAZIONI;
    I've the dimensione table KXDF_ACCANN and I want calculete the measure N.ACCESSI, but how do I do?

Thanks
    Mariarita

Bill Back Guest

If I understand your question, you are trying to create a calculated measure using Schema Workbench.
    In the schema, click on the cube, then click on the CM+ button in the toolbar to add a New Calculated Measure. Enter a name and formula based on other values. See http://mondrian.pentaho.com/document...ulated_members for more details.

No,
    I've into the fact table KXDF_PREANN the field "prestazioni" and the I insert into the cube the measure N.Prestazioni = sum (prestazioni), and this is ok.
    Then I've a dimension table KXDF_ACCANN with the field "accessi" and I want insert the measure N.accessi=sum (accessi), this is the problem.

Thanks
    Mariarita

Is there a solution?

thanks
    Mariarita

I don't think that you can define a measure from a dimension table.
    A posibility how you can manage it is to us a view with a join between your fact table and your dimension table with in it this view the fields you need and use this view as your facttable.

It seems an analysis error.
    Remember a fact table must answer the question "what" and in the dimension tables you must set the "for's" for example I want to know the quantity of sales FOR the items in the category 'drinks' FOR the year 2011 then I need a product dimension, a time dimension and in the fact table a quantity field

The problem is:

I create a Report with Report Designer of Pentaho and the result is the img1, this result is correct.

Then I create a similar schema with the tool schema workbench and the result is the img2, this result there is not correct.

But I've a fact table (KXDF_PREANN) and a dimension table (KXDF_ACCANN), two measures sum(NUMERO) and sum(PRESTAZIONI_QTA), four dimensions: ANNO, TIPO ACCESSO, TIPO OPERATORE, QUALIFICA OPERATORE.

I dont kwon because the results are different
    Name:  img1.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  12.0 KB
    Name:  img2.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  14.1 KB

Have you tried to use a property? In your cube schema in the dimension of the table KXDF_ACCANN you can add a property and in there you define the table column, this way you can acces that value as a calculated member with the formula [Mydimension].CurrentMember.Properties("MyProperty")

Then I must create a cube with fact table = KXDF_PREANN and measure = sum (PRESTAZIONI_QTA) where PRESTAZIONI_QTA is a field of KXDF_PREANN table, the dimension table is KXDF_ACCANN and the dimension are ANNO, TIPO OPERATORE, QUALIFICA OPERATORE and TIPO ACCESSO that are fields of KXDF_ACCANN table. To calculate sum (NUMERO), where NUMERO is a field of KXDF_ACCANN table, should I use the calculeted member? and what's the formula?

Thanks
    Mariarita

It would be easier if you attach your xml schema file created on schema workbench