Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Saving reports from iframe

Default Saving reports from iframe

I am creating a new analyzer report in an iframe without using the user console, but the save report actions are only available from the user console, so I'm trying to create my own save report button. I cannot find any documentation on this. I have found api's for creating new folders, but not for creating new reports. Is there any api for saving reports, or does anybody know how I would go about doing that?

Thanks

hi jutke

can you plz tell me how to create new analyzer report without using user console. Please its very urgent for me.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by neetu312 View Post
    hi jutke

can you plz tell me how to create new analyzer report without using user console. Please its very urgent for me.

Thanks in advance

You still need the BI platform and user console running, but you can call parts of the user console through an iframe. I figured out how to create and save reports thanks to the attached PDF. integrating_biserver.pdf

Note: You will run into cross domain issues if your iframe content is located on another domain. I got around this by creating proxy files on the pentaho server that passes message back and forth so everything is called from the Pentaho server and simply displayed in the iframe.