Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Google Analytics Plugin getting Bad Gateway?

Question Google Analytics Plugin getting Bad Gateway?

I start getting
    com.google.gdata.util.ServiceException: Bad Gateway

This is coming from the kettle google analytics plugin. I'm able to login to my GA account and pull data out of it if I use the GA user interface.

anybody getting the same problem?

- kevin

Question More findings

To explain my problem better:
    I'm using PDI 4.1 with Google Analytics plugin from http://type-exit.org/adventures-with...in-for-kettle/

I installed 4.2 and use the standard GA plugin that come with install and it worked fine.

Any idea why? I'm trying to avoid upgrading to 4.2 if possible.
    Last edited by caffeineElite66; 02-01-2012 at 05:26 PM.

I also just started getting this today. I have a console app that I use to download from the GA API that is still working, so I know the problem is not purely on Google's end. I've looked at the request URL that the plugin is sending and it seems fine, so I don't think GA API has changed in its parameters.

Any ideas how to investigate further or fix this?

Solution provided by my friend Sergey from Ukraine (mastervi@gmail.com):

To solve problem in version 4.0 it is necessary to setup Google Analytics Plugin add "Use a custom segment".
    Or replace in the .ktr file <useCustomSegment>N</useCustomSegment> on <useCustomSegment>Y</useCustomSegment>

Default It's working again

Didn't change anything, and today it works again. I'm not sure if Google changed some setting, but it appears that everything is up and running again.

Default Yup it's working

I can confirm this. Just ran bunch of PDI jobs and all passes.

Hello ,
    I am new to Pentaho. I downloaded PDI5.1, Drag and drop the Google Analytics Input. I have given the credentials , I am not getting any tableID. Even If I specify TableID directly, Service Exception Occurred When Contacting Google Analytics. Bad Request.
    Can anyone please help me on this issue.
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Suresh

Default PDI 5.1 GoogleAnalytics Service Exception Occurred When Contacting Google Analytics.

Hello ,
    I am new to Pentaho. I downloaded PDI5.1, Drag and drop the Google Analytics Input. I have given the credentials , I am not getting any tableID. Even If I specify TableID directly, Service Exception Occurred When Contacting Google Analytics. Bad Request.
    Can anyone please help me on this issue.
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Suresh