Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problems with Cubes

Default Problems with Cubes

I'm trying to set up a cube to BI Server CE 3.7. I'm having many issues with it, but I'm most worried about these two:

1) Permissions seem to have no effect on Analysis View. If I share the folder containing the schema only with privileged users, then the folder disappears from the browser for non-privileged users. But, they are still able to access the schema from Analysis View. This cube contains payroll data, so this is a big problem.

2) Somewhere along my path of correcting the above error, I began receiving the message, "Error Occurred While getting Resultset. An error occurred while rendering Pivot.jsp. Please see the log for details. " The log traces this to a "Java.SQLException: No database selected." Everything appears fine in the Schema Workbench, so I republished the schema to the server, with no success.

Thanks in advance!

Did you consider setting up role based security in the cubes?

Read here:http://mondrian.pentaho.com/document...Access_control

you need not write xml , the workbench allows you to define these roles, and configure access at multiple stages!

for your second query, there might be a lot of things causing the issue

while publishing from schema workbench, did you set the JNDI properly, did you test your db connection from admin console? Is your admin console properly connected with your BI server?
    Regards,
    Madhu

Thanks for the reply.

The JDNI data source matches the name of the data source I defined (and successfully tested) in the admin console. How do I make sure BI Server is connected to the admin console?

Quote Originally Posted by moriarty.rj View Post
    I'm trying to set up a cube to BI Server CE 3.7. I'm having many issues with it, but I'm most worried about these two:

1) Permissions seem to have no effect on Analysis View. If I share the folder containing the schema only with privileged users, then the folder disappears from the browser for non-privileged users. But, they are still able to access the schema from Analysis View. This cube contains payroll data, so this is a big problem.

2) Somewhere along my path of correcting the above error, I began receiving the message, "Error Occurred While getting Resultset. An error occurred while rendering Pivot.jsp. Please see the log for details. " The log traces this to a "Java.SQLException: No database selected." Everything appears fine in the Schema Workbench, so I republished the schema to the server, with no success.

Thanks in advance!
    I have a same problem with you, but i dont know what i should do for repair this errror, i still looking a answer,
    Poor me