Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Automatic Authentication with Pentaho from Liferay iFrame portlet

Question Automatic Authentication with Pentaho from Liferay iFrame portlet

I have Liferay and Pentaho connected to the same LDAP server for authentication. I am trying to place Pentaho in a Liferay iFrame Portlet and pass the username and password from Liferay to Pentaho via Form -> Post and have the user automatically logged in.

The behavior I am seeing is that the Pentaho site is always prompting the user for their login. I have verified that Liferay is passing the username and password via Form -> Post within the iframe (I wrote a php script to verify this by printing out the values).

If I type the same username and password into the Pentaho iframed site it works, my goal is not to have the user type their username/password again.

Here is a small screen capture of the Liferay settings and mappings for authentication.

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-02-09 at 2.43.36 PM.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  16.3 KB

Versions:
    Liferay 6.0.6
    Pentaho 4.1.0

Hi, did you resolve your iusse? I have the same problem with my integration with liferay and pentaho....

Pentaho uses Spring Security that is controled by the security xml files in the /pentaho-solutions/system folder. You will need to become familier with Spring Security. The last I heard Pentaho uses Spring Security 2.0.5. I used the NTLM solution, which is now being obsoleted by Windows 7. There are other options you may consider for SSO using Spring Security.