Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: CDE/CDF/BTable on Pentaho 4.8 and Oracle

Default CDE/CDF/BTable on Pentaho 4.8 and Oracle

Hello Forum,

I'm trying (and failing) to run a dashboard with a BTable crosstab report on a Pentaho 4.8 installation (on Windows Server 2008) running against a Oracle database.
    We have our data warehouse on Oracle, and we also moved Hibernate e Quartz schemas, as used by Pentaho, to the same Oracle platform.

We developed our dashboard and BTable crosstab on a lab machine in which Hibernate and Quartz were running in the default configuration (hsqldb), and, as such, they are working correctly, but as soon as we move to a production environment (full Oracle), we can't have BTable and CDE/CDF working.
    We are getting this error traced in stdout.log:

11:03:53,831 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] Listener refused the connection with the following error:
    ORA-12519, TNS:no appropriate service handler found

Everything else (.prpt reports and Saiku analysis) work absolutely fine.

Is there any special place where jndi/jdbc connections should be configured for CDE/CDF/BTable?
    Is there any "dialect" that should be selected?
    Did anyone attempt to run a similar configuration before?

Stelvio.

CDA uses PRD as its data access library, so it's weird that prpt reports run but cda queries don't. Are the prpts using the same data source ?
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

PRD? You mean Pentaho Report Designer? I'll check that. (I was thinking more of the BI Server JNDI connections, as configured
    However, yes, the .prpt reports are using the same data base I'm trying to use for CDE/CDF/BTable.

Stelvio

Default did you solve theprblem

Quote Originally Posted by stelvio View Post
    PRD? You mean Pentaho Report Designer? I'll check that. (I was thinking more of the BI Server JNDI connections, as configured
    However, yes, the .prpt reports are using the same data base I'm trying to use for CDE/CDF/BTable.

Stelvio
    Hi Stelvio!

Did you solved the problem? I have exactly the same the problem but I'm using an AIX server instead of Windows.

Our installation worked fine till this morning and now we are in this situation. PRPTs and saiku work fine but the dashboards don`t...

Hi Stelvio,

Did you solve the problem?I'm exactly in the same situation but my installation is on an AIX server.

Saiku and PRPT's work fine but dashboards dont.

In my case everything has been working fine till this morning and suddently this problem has appeared.