Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Ctools Sparkl : accessing a database

Default Ctools Sparkl : accessing a database

Is there a way to build a component with Sparkl that access a database, that is to expose a property 'datasource'?
    I haven't found many tuto about Sparkl and, as far as I understand, it's rather oriented toward Kettle endpoints.

Thank you

Benoit

What exactly do you want to do? Sparkl can indeed play with ktrs natively but all the other options are still available
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

I need to do a dashboard presenting a set of indicators : each indicator consist of a gauge with a text saying something like 'For <month> <year>, the value of <indicator> if <xx>%'.
    I'm totally newbie in Sparkl. My idea is to build a component embedding the gauge (a CGG Dial Chart), the text and a sql query over Jndi that exposes the datasource, the query and its input parmaeters, the clickaction on the gauge and some parameters like the name of the indicator, the month and the year of calculation, the arrays for defining the colors of the gauge etc.: the developper of the dashboard has just to fill the values and it runs!

Thank you

Benoit

While sparkl can indeed be the methodology used for distributing the component (see the d3ComponentLibrary), you don't absolutely need a sparkl app - all you need is to develop a custom component. Lots of examples in the code (inside pentaho-cdf-dd/...), and you can store it in the solution repository, in public/cde/components
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

Thank you very much Pedro!

Benoit