Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Accessing the parameter label programmatically with the reporting engine

Default Accessing the parameter label programmatically with the reporting engine

Hi,

The class ParameterDefinitionEntry represents a parameter in the report (MasterReport), and the method getParameterAttribute(String domain, String name, ParameterContext parameterContext) gets the label. Where can I get the domain from? I've looked in the MasterReport, DefaultParameterContext... god knows why it can't be called 'getLabel()' and not reference a bunch of obscure, hidden-away classes.

Thanks!

The class ParameterAttributeNames contains everything, including the namespace/domain for each group of attributes.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Taqua View Post
    The class ParameterAttributeNames contains everything, including the namespace/domain for each group of attributes.
    Thanks, the ParameterAttributeNames.Core class had the domain I need. It was also in getParameterAttributeNamespaces() for the ParameterDefinitionEntry object. I had in fact got this correct, the problem was that I interpreted 'parameter attribute name' as the parameter name. It is in fact the word 'label', obtained by looking at the results for getParameterAttributeNames(String domainName) in the PDE object.