Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: not getting CDF option in BI server use console

Default not getting CDF option in BI server use console

Hi,

I have bi server 3.10.0(CE) running on my exisiting tomcat 7 server. but when I open the home screen via (http://localhost:8080/pentaho/Home) , it only displays "new Report" and "New Analysis" options. I could not see any option for CDF(community Dashboard Framework).

even when I click on "File" -> new option it does not show "CDE Dashboard" option. any body please point me right documentation about CDF please?

Please download the CDE-bundle-1.0-RC3.zip,and unzip to the solutions path

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply. The file I have downloaded is : CDE-bundle-1.0-RC3.tar.bz2.

1. upon unzipping it, I got CDE-bundle-1.0-RC3.tar.
    2. further unzipping CDE-bundle-1.0-RC3.tar, I have got "CDE-bundle-1.0-RC3" folder.
    3. This folder contains following sub folders.
    3.1 bi-developers
    3.2 cde_sample
    3.3 cdf
    3.4 CST
    3.5 system
    3.6 INSTALL.txt

so are you suggesting to place all these folders in solutions path? my solution path is "c:\pentaho\pentaho-solutions" so should I need to place all these folders under /pentaho-solutions folder? I am asking it in detail because, /pentaho-solutions already has "bi-developers" and "system" folder and if I copy new content, it will be replaced.

There is no proper documentation to do installation and configuration of pentaho BI server so for newbie like me faces lots of trouble to set it up. Thanks again for your quick reponse.

don't use the 1.0 RC3 bundle that version is ancient !
    use the ctools installer explained here http://pedroalves-bi.blogspot.com/20...ings-fast.html
    the version suggested in the blog are incorrect it wil work on bi-server 3.6+