Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: PDI 4.2.0 - Using Pan with Repository Files

Default PDI 4.2.0 - Using Pan with Repository Files

Hi:

I'm trying to running a simple transformation using Pan.

I've followed the pan documentation. This is an example of my command:

Code:
    #> ./pan.sh -rep="ETL_Repository" -trans="hello-world" -dir=/ -user=admin -pass=somepassword -level:Basic
    I obtained the following errors:

ERROR: Pan can't continue because the transformation couldn't be loaded.
    ERROR: No repository provided, can't load transformation.

I tried different combination and options like changing "=" with ":" or "-" with "/" without success. The only command that works for me is the following:

Code:
    #> -listrep=Y
    I saw more than one post with a related question but no answers. I bought both books, "Pentaho 3.2 Data Integration" and "Pentaho Data Integration 4 Cookbook" and there is a lack of documentation in the last one about repositories.

Any comment would be appreciated

Kind Regards,

Hi:

I installed all again (PDI 4.2.0 and a MySQL) in a virtual machine and it works with the following settings:
    - Windows XP SP3
    - Java version 1.7

But in the production enviroment the repository still doesn't work. The settings are the following:
    - AWS Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS
    - Java version 1.6.0_30

Any ideas about that? Usually these problems are related to the JVM but I can figure out what the solution is.

Kind Regards,

Ok, it was a clumsy mistake. The repositories.xml file was not properly defined. The repository was created in a local machine. We’ve never run Spoon in the production server; only execute the jobs using Kitchen. The repositorie.xml file in the server didn’t contain the complete information about connections and repositories.
    It was hard for me to find information about repositories.xml content, so I'll share the content that works for me:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <repositories>
      <connection>
        <name>ETL Repository</name>
        <server>your server</server>
        <type>ORACLE</type>
        <access>Native</access>
        <database>your SID</database>
        <port>port number</port>
        <username>admin</username>
        <password>some password</password>
        <servername/>
        <data_tablespace/>
        <index_tablespace/>
        <attributes>
          <attribute><code>FORCE_IDENTIFIERS_TO_LOWERCASE</code><attribute>N</attribute></attribute>
          <attribute><code>FORCE_IDENTIFIERS_TO_UPPERCASE</code><attribute>N</attribute></attribute>
          <attribute><code>IS_CLUSTERED</code><attribute>N</attribute></attribute>
          <attribute><code>PORT_NUMBER</code><attribute>1529</attribute></attribute>
          <attribute><code>QUOTE_ALL_FIELDS</code><attribute>N</attribute></attribute>
          <attribute><code>SUPPORTS_BOOLEAN_DATA_TYPE</code><attribute>N</attribute></attribute>
          <attribute><code>USE_POOLING</code><attribute>N</attribute></attribute>
        </attributes>
      </connection>
        <connection>
        <name>localMySQL</name>
        <server>localhost</server>
        <type>MYSQL</type>
        <access>Native</access>
        <database>PDI_REPO</database>
        <port>3306</port>
        <username>root</username>
        <password>some password </password>
        <servername/>
        <data_tablespace/>
        <index_tablespace/>
        <attributes>
          <attribute><code>EXTRA_OPTION_MYSQL.defaultFetchSize</code><attribute>500</attribute></attribute>
          <attribute><code>EXTRA_OPTION_MYSQL.useCursorFetch</code><attribute>true</attribute></attribute>
          <attribute><code>FORCE_IDENTIFIERS_TO_LOWERCASE</code><attribute>N</attribute></attribute>
          <attribute><code>FORCE_IDENTIFIERS_TO_UPPERCASE</code><attribute>N</attribute></attribute>
          <attribute><code>IS_CLUSTERED</code><attribute>N</attribute></attribute>
          <attribute><code>PORT_NUMBER</code><attribute>3306</attribute></attribute>
          <attribute><code>QUOTE_ALL_FIELDS</code><attribute>N</attribute></attribute>
          <attribute><code>STREAM_RESULTS</code><attribute>Y</attribute></attribute>
          <attribute><code>SUPPORTS_BOOLEAN_DATA_TYPE</code><attribute>N</attribute></attribute>
          <attribute><code>USE_POOLING</code><attribute>N</attribute></attribute>
        </attributes>
      </connection>

<repository>
        <id>KettleDatabaseRepository</id>
        <name>ETL Repository-1</name>
        <description>ETL Repository VDF-BI</description>
        <connection>ETL Repository</connection>
      </repository>

<repository>
        <id>KettleDatabaseRepository</id>
        <name>MY_REPO</name>
        <description>MY_REPO</description>