Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: unable to load error

Default unable to load error

When creating a report from metadata I am receiving the following error "An unexpected error has occurred: Error: Unable to load /pentaho/content/iadhoc status:12002" It is a date dimension and the error occurs when dropping the date onto the report. All other parts of date are working like quarter, month in year etc. It is just the date that causes the error. I am curious if anyone has seen this before.

Regards,

Craig

I see a similar error. I click on "New Report", then wait about 5-10 seconds. An error dialog pops up with "An unexpected error has occurred: Error: Unable to load /pentaho/content/iadhoc status:500". What does it mean?

Any feedback here on how either of you resolved this? Getting the same error.

An unexpected error has occurred: Error: Unable to load /pentaho/content/iadhoc status:500

I solved the "An unexpected error has occurred: Error: Unable to load /pentaho/content/iadhoc status:500" by:
    1. adding the -Djava.awt.headless=true option to my tomcat startup script
    2. setting JAVA_HOME to the right value so that pentaho was starting with the SUN jvm instead of the OpenJDK jvm

In my environment, I had the problem because I was running pentaho on a "headless" server with no window manager installed and I was getting a "java.lang.Error: Probable fatal error:No fonts found." in my catalina.out when trying to create a new report. The pentaho documentation says that I need to add the -Djava.awt.headless=true option to my tomcat startup script. For me, this didn't help at first because I was accidentally running pentaho with the OpenJDK jvm that comes with Ubuntu 12 Server.

You might also be able to solve this problem by installing a font package.

I am having similar issue: An unexpected error has occured: Error: Unable to load /pentaho/content/iadhoc status:502"
    Please provide the solution in detail, I am newto Pentaho.
    is it same solution? Where I will find the tomcat startup script.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdaniel View Post
    I solved the "An unexpected error has occurred: Error: Unable to load /pentaho/content/iadhoc status:500" by:
    1. adding the -Djava.awt.headless=true option to my tomcat startup script
    2. setting JAVA_HOME to the right value so that pentaho was starting with the SUN jvm instead of the OpenJDK jvm

In my environment, I had the problem because I was running pentaho on a "headless" server with no window manager installed and I was getting a "java.lang.Error: Probable fatal error:No fonts found." in my catalina.out when trying to create a new report. The pentaho documentation says that I need to add the -Djava.awt.headless=true option to my tomcat startup script. For me, this didn't help at first because I was accidentally running pentaho with the OpenJDK jvm that comes with Ubuntu 12 Server.

You might also be able to solve this problem by installing a font package.