Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problem Booting 3.7.0 Engine from Eclipse Project

Default Problem Booting 3.7.0 Engine from Eclipse Project

Hello

I've just compiled core engine code, on my own Eclipse Pro. using Java 6.

I've d-checked dependencies, etc.

I am unable to boot core engine , no matter what....

I cannot even run Sample1.java correctly.

The only thing I did is to take out buda conector since I am unable to find the required dependencies.

Engine won't boot, and I think Im missing some jar but, maybe not.

Attached is the full booting log boot_log.txt

I've taken jars from SDK,bi-server,report-designer, saxon 9, xmlunit, etc ---> all that is needed to compile the engine
    the list is big, if y need me to post it ill do it

any help would be appreciated

org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.resourceloader.ContentNotRecognizedException: None of the selected factories was able to handle the given data: ResourceKey{schema=org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.resourceloader.loader.URLResourceLoader, identifier=file:/C:/Users/bootcamp/Documents/workspace/QBIRenderEngine/bin/org/pentaho/reporting/engine/classic/core/metadata/meta-elements.xml, factoryParameters={}, parent=null}
    at org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.resourceloader.DefaultResourceManagerBackend.create(DefaultResourceManagerBackend.java:294)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.resourceloader.ResourceManager.create(ResourceManager.java:434)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.resourceloader.ResourceManager.create(ResourceManager.java:370)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.resourceloader.ResourceManager.createDirectly(ResourceManager.java:207)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.metadata.ElementTypeRegistry.registerFromXml(ElementTypeRegistry.java:68)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.metadata.ElementMetaDataParser.initializeElementMetaData(ElementMetaDataParser.java:73)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.ClassicEngineCoreModule.initialize(ClassicEngineCoreModule.java:95)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.base.boot.PackageState.initialize(PackageState.java:184)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.base.boot.PackageManager.initializeModules(PackageManager.java:245)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.ClassicEngineBoot.performBoot(ClassicEngineBoot.java:346)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.libraries.base.boot.AbstractBoot.start(AbstractBoot.java:197)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.samples.Prueba.main(Prueba.java:12)
    DEBUG Failed:
    java.io.IOException: Error: Could not parse the element meta-data description file
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.metadata.ElementTypeRegistry.registerFromXml(ElementTypeRegistry.java:80)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.metadata.ElementMetaDataParser.initializeElementMetaData(ElementMetaDataParser.java:73)

First: Remove the bi-server and saxon and all other funny stuff from your classpath and start with a clean project containing only the SDK.
    The engine's SDK comes a downloader for with all libraries included - all you need to do is run "ant resolve" to download them.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Thanks for the tip.