Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: report

Post report

Hi.....
    Actually this is my report.....
    Name:  sample1.png
Views: 56
Size:  11.8 KB

But i need to like this format............
    Name:  sample.png
Views: 56
Size:  8.9 KB

i need to report like second image in pentaho reporting designer for that wt can i do please explain briefly and if any code in expressions plz specify...its very urgent.....plz help me

lyarbrough Guest

Check out the sample report "Inventory List" it does exactly what you want. Use the HASCHANGED formula expression on your date field and border. This formula would go on the value property on the attribute tab =IF(HASCHANGED("datefield"); [datefield] ; " "). This formula is placed on your border or line. =IF(HASCHANGED("datefield"); "black"; "white").

Thanq for ur valuable answer...
    I done using ur reply.. it was cleared 90%. but i didn't get the border at last row
    i get like this..........
    Name:  sample.png
Views: 49
Size:  8.9 KB

thanq in Advance..

any idea what we could do in such a case to repeat the "Date" column if we come to a new page?
    I've been using the =HASCHANGED for a while but never found a way to get it to show also on a new-page

i didn't get u..
    venkatesh..

in your example you have the date only printed once per "group". you hide it untill the next date shows up. what if a pagebreak occurs within such a group? it will still stay hidden. so on the next page you wonte see which date-group you are in. it would be cool to have something like
    =OR(HASCHANGED(...);ISFIRSTONNEWPAGE()) .

lyarbrough Guest

Elegant solution mgie - thanks for sharing

Style-expressions do not receive any page events. So you have to resort to a function to make it work.

Luckily, you dont have to program anything. Use the "ItemHideFunction" (Report/Hide Repeating). That function listens to page-events and ensures that the first element on a new page is always visible. It also makes sure that the first element inside a new group is visible all the time.

Give all elements you want to hide a certain name ("hide-me", for instance) and then set that name as "element" property. The function also returns a boolean value, so if you need to consider more conditions, you can use the function's name as boolean input in more advanced formulas.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

hi all,
    my requirement is this is my report pdf format. i need to the date coulmn disply at center.. plz helpme
    thanq in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by venkatesh; 04-17-2012 at 03:42 AM. Reason: adding requirement
    venkatesh..