Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: EmbeddedQuartzSystemListener: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Default EmbeddedQuartzSystemListener: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Hi,

I'm not 100 % sure it is the right forum to ask. My reasoning was that the scheduler has more to do with the platform itself than with just the PDI.

I got a problem trying to run PDI - EE trial on Oracle as the backend.

I got a schema with Quartz related tables, yet the org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.EmbeddedQuartzSystemListener.verifyQuartzIsConfigured fails with an exception that it can not find the table (was not able to figure out which table it is looking for).

Has anybody experienced a similar problem?

What do I miss?

Thanks.
    Evgeny.

Exception:
    13:28:37,020 ERROR [EmbeddedQuartzSystemListener] EmbeddedQuartzSystemListener.ERROR_0007_SQLERROR
    java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:331)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:288)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:745)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.doOall8(T4CStatement.java:207)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeForDescribe(T4CStatement.java:801)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(OracleStatement.java:1039)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(T4CStatement.java:841)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1134)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeQuery(OracleStatement.java:1274)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingStatement.java:205)
    at org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.EmbeddedQuartzSystemListener.verifyQuartzIsConfigured(EmbeddedQuartzSystemListener.java:147)
    at org.pentaho.platform.scheduler2.quartz.EmbeddedQuartzSystemListener.startup(EmbeddedQuartzSystemListener.java:101)
    at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.notifySystemListenersOfStartup(PentahoSystem.java:341)

AFAIK, PDI-EE server does not support Oracle as a backend. Currently, we are only supporting the out-of-the-box repository and scheduler.