Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to go back from PRD 3.8.3 to 3.8.0?

Angry How to go back from PRD 3.8.3 to 3.8.0?

A colleague accidentally opened and saved my report 3.8.0 report in PRD 3.8.3.

Now I cannot open the report in my own PRD 3.8.0 installation; any ideas on how to downgrade the report to PRD 3.8.0?
    I cannot upgrade to 3.8.3 myself, because when I publish the 3.8.3 report my current BI server can't understand it.

TIA!

Usually it is a style-key or new expression attribute that "bombs" your old PRD. The fix usually is to unzip the file and to remove the offending line. Can you post the error message (the full error - as the exceptions are deeply nested and the deeper ones contain the clue!)?
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Thanks for trying to help me out! Here goes...

I guess it's in: Failure while loading data: layout.xml
    Reason: Unable to assign property 'categoricalAxisMessageFormat' to expression 'null'

And in: Failure while loading data: /subreport/content.xml

(the error is in an attachment because it's over size limit).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Unzip C:\Documents and Settings\XXX_MySecretReport_XXX.prpt, edit the file "subreport/layout.xml" and search for the text "categoricalAxisMessageFormat" - and delete the element referencing that property.

There may be similar errors afterwards (in case we have more new properties) - so on each new stacktrace look out for occurences of BeanException.

And dont forget to let your co-worker know that saving a report in a newer version of a tool is a bad bad idea - just like it is to save a word document in Word 97 when everyone else is still working with Word 6.0.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Thanks!