Hello,
I'm following pentaho community for a while because I'm evaluating PDI and other tools for our company. Sorry, this is my first post (and it's a technical one).

I'm trying to connect kettle 4.2.1 to an external data source (4D 2003) through a 4D ODBC driver registered on the machine as a System DSN.
I configured a generic odbc connection in kettle and the test button gives a "success". But when I try to retrieve information from the DS I get this exception:

Code:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Rilevato un problema nel prelevare le informazioni dal database: org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleDatabaseException: 
Impossibile prelevare le informazioni sul database a causa di un errore
[Simba][Simba ODBC Driver]Driver not capable.

at org.pentaho.di.ui.core.database.dialog.GetDatabaseInfoProgressDialog$1.run(GetDatabaseInfoProgressDialog.java:71)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)
Caused by: org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleDatabaseException: 
Impossibile prelevare le informazioni sul database a causa di un errore
[Simba][Simba ODBC Driver]Driver not capable.

at org.pentaho.di.core.database.DatabaseMetaInformation.getData(DatabaseMetaInformation.java:393)
    at org.pentaho.di.ui.core.database.dialog.GetDatabaseInfoProgressDialog$1.run(GetDatabaseInfoProgressDialog.java:67)
    ... 1 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [Simba][Simba ODBC Driver]Driver not capable.
    at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(Unknown Source)
    at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(Unknown Source)
    at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLTables(Unknown Source)
    at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDatabaseMetaData.getTables(Unknown Source)
    at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDatabaseMetaData.getCatalogs(Unknown Source)
    at org.pentaho.di.core.database.DatabaseMetaInformation.getData(DatabaseMetaInformation.java:220)
On the other hand I'm able to access this data source through Aqua Datastudio 10, which uses the same connection approach (generic odbc driver), and uses a sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver with default options and parameters.
The only difference between the two softwares is that kettle is using the system jre (Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_31-b05)), while aqua datastudio uses it's own internal jre (Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_27-b07)).

Is there any workaround I can attempt to make this connection working?
Thanks in advance.