Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Specified query not executable here - pentaho reporting - BI Server

Angry Specified query not executable here - pentaho reporting - BI Server

So i've designed a report in Pentaho Report Designer 3.9 and previewed it and ran it on my machine and everything works fine.
    I have an input paramater that is a dropdown list and gets its values from a query called Vertical-List.
    Now the drop down works on my machine. However, when i publish the report to the Online interface and try to access it, I get a message that says *The Specified query "Vertical-List" is not executable here * i dont know what that means and what to do. It worked this morning and suddenly it stopped working.
    Please help a brother out.

anyone?

can you show us what your query is that creates "VerticalList"

I don't know if this has been solved yet, but I faced the same problem.
    Basically, check your pentaho BI server version (check about Menu), mine was Pentaho 4.1.0 stable (which is technically speaking BI server 3.10)
    But Pentaho report designer 3.9 cannot publish on this server version (it can, but it throws the error not executable here or in some other cases it just displayed an empty report )

2 options here :
    upgrade your pentaho BI server to 4.5 (technically it is also called 4.5 which is great for once)
    if you don't want to upgrade, then you have to design your report with Pentaho Report Designer 3.8.3 (to publish on 4.1.0)

Quote Originally Posted by prof_weetos View Post
    I don't know if this has been solved yet, but I faced the same problem.
    Basically, check your pentaho BI server version (check about Menu), mine was Pentaho 4.1.0 stable (which is technically speaking BI server 3.10)
    But Pentaho report designer 3.9 cannot publish on this server version (it can, but it throws the error not executable here or in some other cases it just displayed an empty report )

2 options here :
    upgrade your pentaho BI server to 4.5 (technically it is also called 4.5 which is great for once)
    if you don't want to upgrade, then you have to design your report with Pentaho Report Designer 3.8.3 (to publish on 4.1.0)
    You can also use http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/PEOp...Version+Matrix to make sure you are using the correct versions
    Rodrigo Haces
    TAM / Enterprise Architect
    Pentaho