Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho installation with postgres and Windows

Default Pentaho installation with postgres and Windows

Hi,

I have some problems with pentaho installation. When i try to access to http://localhost:8080/pentaho the following error occurs:

14:47:31,032 ERROR [Logger] Error: Pentaho
    14:47:31,032 ERROR [Logger] misc-org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem: PentahoSystem.ERROR_0014 - Error mientras se intentaba ejecutar la secuencia de arranque por org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.mondrian.MondrianSystemListener
    org.pentaho.platform.api.engine.PentahoSystemException: PentahoSystem.ERROR_0014 - Error mientras se intentaba ejecutar la secuencia de arranque por org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.mondrian.MondrianSystemListener
    at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.notifySystemListenersOfStartup(PentahoSystem.java:350)
    at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.notifySystemListenersOfStartup(PentahoSystem.java:324)
    at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.init(PentahoSystem.java:291)
    at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.init(PentahoSystem.java:208)
    at org.pentaho.platform.web.http.context.SolutionContextListener.contextInitialized(SolutionContextListener.java:137)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4135)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4630)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:546)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:637)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:563)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:498)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1277)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:321)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:785)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:445)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:519)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:581)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.pentaho.platform.repository.hibernate.HibernateUtil
    at org.pentaho.platform.repository.solution.dbbased.DbBasedSolutionRepository.internalGetRootFolder(DbBasedSolutionRepository.java:968)
    at org.pentaho.platform.repository.solution.dbbased.DbBasedSolutionRepository.init(DbBasedSolutionRepository.java:112)
    at org.pentaho.platform.repository.solution.dbbased.DbBasedSolutionRepository.<init>(DbBasedSolutionRepository.java:97)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
    at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.objfac.AbstractSpringPentahoObjectFactory.instanceClass(AbstractSpringPentahoObjectFactory.java:78)
    at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.objfac.AbstractSpringPentahoObjectFactory.retreiveObject(AbstractSpringPentahoObjectFactory.java:117)
    at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.objfac.AbstractSpringPentahoObjectFactory.get(AbstractSpringPentahoObjectFactory.java:72)
    at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.get(PentahoSystem.java:557)
    at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.get(PentahoSystem.java:533)
    at org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.mondrian.MondrianSystemListener.loadMondrianProperties(MondrianSystemListener.java:60)
    at org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.mondrian.MondrianSystemListener.startup(MondrianSystemListener.java:46)
    at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.notifySystemListenersOfStartup(PentahoSystem.java:342)
    ... 28 more

The version is "biserver-ce-4.5.0-stable"
    Can anyone help me?
    Tanks os much

Hi,
    I think it can't connect to hibernate database, you've probably missed some step during the configuration for postgres ...

1) put postgres jdbc driver in Pentaho webapp lib
    2) set connection parameters to hibernate and quartz in META-INF/context.xml
    3) in pentaho-solution/system/hibernate/hibernate-settings.xml: <config-file>system/hibernate/postgresql.hibernate.cfg.xml</config-file> (if hibernate is on postgres)
    4) in pentaho-solution/system/hibernate/postgresql.hibernate.cfg.xml: set connection parameters to hibernate
    5) in pentaho-solution/system/simple-jndi/jdbc.properties: set connection parameters to hibernate

Hi lukolap,

First of all, thanks for your answer.
    I didn't make any change in "jdbc.properties" file.
    Now, I have changed this file and obtain de same error.

Thansk.

Dealing with the same issue tryign to change to an Oracle database. Wish I could find out a solution, but so far I've tried about a dozen to no avail.

Default Figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by stanatedj View Post
    Dealing with the same issue tryign to change to an Oracle database. Wish I could find out a solution, but so far I've tried about a dozen to no avail.
    I've been working on this problem for about a week. Finally figured it out. I was getting the NoClassDefFoundError: HibernateUtil.class when deploying on WebLogic and Oracle DB backend. Turns out it had nothing to do with the Oracle backend, I tried deploying with the default HSQLDB backend, and got the same error.

Turns out it had to do with WebLogic and class loading based on the tip from: http://forum.springsource.org/showth...l.ast.HqlToken

The trick for me was to add a weblogic.xml file to the WEB-INF directory with the contents:
    Code:
    <weblogic-web-app>    
        <container-descriptor>
            <prefer-web-inf-classes>
                true
            </prefer-web-inf-classes>
        </container-descriptor>
    </weblogic-web-app>
    After seeing too many threads with this same question and no answer, I decided I owe it to whatever future soul tries to deploy Pentaho on WebLogic.

Further details: I just used the 3.10 manual release and built it using the ant jboss-no-portal target. WebLogic 10.3.5.0. Oracle 11g. Following the steps to use Oracle Backend as stated here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/edi...h.5b554e16194b

I also created the hibernate and quartz Data Sources in WebLogic, although I'm not sure if that was necessary.