Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problem with admin console -- Failed to get role names

Default Problem with admin console -- Failed to get role names

Hi,
    I've recently installed the latest version of Pentaho BI Server, and I'm experiencing some problem with my admin console.

It seems I can't get it to connect correctly to my DB, and it keep on returning this message when I start it :
    "Unable to refresh security information: PacService.ERROR_0031 - Failed to get role names."

In the admin console, I have access to "Database Connections", but not to "Users and Roles". My pentaho server is fine, up and running.
    I've changed my DB to MYSQL and I have rename my DB "hibernate" into "pentaho_hibernate" and change my user password. I do not know if that is what is causing this problem or not.

I do not know where my problem comes from, and I need a little help to fix it.

Thank you

Nevermind, I was using a 4.5.0 admin console with a 3.10.0 server... Of course it didn't work

I had the same problem on a 4.5.0 server. I decided to try to use the old admin console from 3.8.0 server and it worked as a charme. But in any case I'm just curious to understand why that happened with 4.5.0 admin console. I think it could be a bug in the new code because I just renamed the 4.5.0 admin console in pentaho and changed it with the directory of the 3.8.0 admin console and it worked.

Anyone has any suggestion about it?

S.
    Follow Me on Twitter: sramazzina
    My Skype account: sramazzina
    My Blog
    View my profile on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/sramazzina
    Author of Pentaho Data Integration Kitchen How-To and Pentaho Business Analytics Cookbook

Join us on IRC server Freenode.net, channel ##pentaho ##saiku

Had the same problem but finally found it.
    I just copied the
    pentaho-solutions/system/hibernate/mysql5.hibernate.cfg.xml
    from the old 3.8 installation into the 4.5 installation and that didn't work.

For use with 4.5 PAC you have to add one line to this file :

<mapping resource="PentahoUserRoleMapping.hbm.xml" />

Have fun,
    Peter

This Answer has been of very help. Thanks.