Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: UUID parameter works in report designer preview, not on bi server

Default UUID parameter works in report designer preview, not on bi server

I have a report that uses a UUID parameter that comes from a query. The value of the parameter is set to Object.

My report works fine in the report designer, but when I publish it to the server and try to select the parameter value when running the report, I get the message "This prompt is of an invalid value". In the log, I see this message:

"
    2012-05-22 15:07:18,187 WARN [org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.parameters.DefaultReportParameterValidator] Parameter validation error: No such value in the result for 'DATAPOINT_PARAM' with value 'a8cbee07-b321-405a-b4c6-c97c7f790ea8'"

I can't just change the parameter type to String, I get this:

2012-05-22 15:09:25,404 ERROR [org.pentaho.reporting.platform.plugin.ReportContentGenerator] Failed to convert object of type class java.util.UUID: Not a String.
    org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.util.beans.BeanException: Failed to convert object of type class java.util.UUID: Not a String.

Any advice?

Thanks

I fixed this by unchecking the option to validate the parameter value. Now, the problem is that when the user selects an option from a dropdown list, the displayed value changes to the UUID matching the display value, rather than just displaying the display value that he clicked. Any advice?

Thanks

Default Did you find any workaround for the issue we are facing same issue?

Quote Originally Posted by RockerZ71 View Post
    I fixed this by unchecking the option to validate the parameter value. Now, the problem is that when the user selects an option from a dropdown list, the displayed value changes to the UUID matching the display value, rather than just displaying the display value that he clicked. Any advice?
    Thanks
    Did you find any workaround for the issue we are facing same issue?