Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Chart Post-Processing Script

Default Chart Post-Processing Script

I am using a regular Bar Chart in PRD. I have way too many labels on my XAxis, which makes it unreadable. Im playing with post-processing formulas.

there are a couple that I CAN get to work. For instance:

• chart.getPlot().domainAxis.setTickLabelsVisible(false);
    • chart.getPlot().domainAxis.setTickLabelFont(new Font("Arial",Font.BOLD,12));

However, I can not get the one that i NEED to work to actually work. And that is:
    • chart.getPlot().getDomainAxis().setTickUnit(new DateTickUnit(DateTickUnit.DAY, 7));

does anyone know what I am doing wrong with setTickUnit??

thx

If you use a categorical chart, then the values on the x-axis have no sort order, as categorical data uses a nominal scale. You need to use a XY-Bar-Chart if you want to have a interval-scale.

Read: http://www.sherito.org/2011/07/chart...ts-and-xy.html to learn the difference

Once you use a XY-BarChart with date-values as domain-values, your domain axis will be a "org.jfree.chart.axis.DateAxis" and you will be able to call the method "setTickUnit".
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

great response! Thanks Taqua! I will check it out...

Hi,

I was actually looking at doing the same thing since I have a lot of values on the x-axis and it becomes unreadable. Is the post processing formula you are talking about present when you define a parameter?

Please can you let me know where exactly in the report can I find it and what do I need to change to customize the x-axis labels.

Thank you