Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Customization of Dial Chart in Pentaho Dashboard Designer.

Default Customization of Dial Chart in Pentaho Dashboard Designer.

Hi All,
    I have created Dashboard using Pentaho Dashboard Designer.
    In My Dashboard I have six chart that includes 1 Dial Chart and remaining are Bar-charts.
    I have created .xaction Files for different charts (using open flash chart) and in Dashboard Designer I have used these .xaction files.
    However Ineed to customize Dial chart but not able to do so Listed below are the issue that I am facing.

1.Moving Dial chart in the center of the panel.By default Dial appears on the top of the panel I want to move it to the center how this can be done?
    I have tried to modify .xul file but not able to move the dial chart in the center.

2. Put a percentage next to value displayed on the dial for e.g. if value is 3 I want to show it as 3%.
    When I tried to concatenate value with % it shows Dial value as “Nan”.
    Any idea how value can be concatenated with the String like “%”?

3. By Default dial ranges are divided as 0,17,33,50 67 …100 I want to make this values Standard.
    i.e. 10, 20, 30 and so on.
    4. I want to add String in the Panel along with the Dial chart. Any idea how this can be achieved?

For creating Dial Chart I have created .xaction file which uses .xml definition for Open Flash Chart.

Kindly reply as soon as it is possible for you.

nbaker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vinitshah View Post
    Hi All,
    1.Moving Dial chart in the center of the panel.By default Dial appears on the top of the panel I want to move it to the center how this can be done?
    I have tried to modify .xul file but not able to move the dial chart in the center.
    You should be able to drag and drop the Chart into the middle panel. Click and drag with the header. If you're still having problems, attach your xdash file and I can manually move it for you.

As for the OpenFlashChart issues, can't help you there. I would try their community.

Hi ,
    I have attached .xdash file with name as .xaction as .xdash files are not allowed for attachment.
    In this .xdashfile I want to move Panel 1 having title as "RU-Space % Utilization" to the center of that panel only.
    Kindly look into it and let me know how it is possible.
    Attached Files Attached Files

nbaker Guest

Ah. Now I understand what you want. I don't believe there's anyway to center the xaction component in the widget area without resorting to hacks. We'll keep this in mind as we continue developing Dashboard Designer.