Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Modify web adhoc query and reporting working

Exclamation Modify web adhoc query and reporting working

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for how modify the working of web adhoc query and reporting interface.
    I read html and javascript files which compose the MVC architecture of this interface.
    But all this files don't contain any comment to explain javascript instructions. One more thing : there aren't any documentations, just documentation which explain
    stylsheet modifies (theme creation, logo, images).

So I must understand the working of each components (class, function, object, data...).
    It's a tedious work almost impossible.
    I have not enough time left, i do a work placement in a compagny but the end will happen soon.

I need that somebody tries explain to me please.

Thanks for your patience and interest about my asks.
    Last edited by robertclement; 06-14-2012 at 12:03 PM.

May I say: "Good luck!" ?

The old ad-hoc tool is no longer actively maintained, and has not been touched by us (or anyone else) for quite some time now. The code is not exactly an example of easy to understand stuff - I would strongly recommend to stay away from it. If you need a adhoc tool that is modern, good looking and cleanly written - and where you have sources to make your changes - use Saiku Adhoc Reporting instead.

http://mgiepz.github.com/saiku-reporting/

The frontend is LGPL, the backend is GPL. Note that the community edition of the BI-Server is GPL too, so the licenses work together nicely.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.