Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Data Localization/Internationalization

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Data Localization/Internationalization

Hello,

I'm currently working on a multi-lingual data warehouse project involving French and Dutch. I've already figured out that Mondrian Schema can be translated using properties files, I already got that part working.

Now, I also would like to internationalize the data: for example I have company_type_FR and company_type_NL in the DB and I'd like pentaho to pick the right field based on the locale. Is this possible? If yes, how?

Eternal gratitude will be yours ;-)

Greetings,

Cedric

Since you are already using the localizing schema processor, you are just a stone throw away from getting this working. The processor is really only a simple key/value substitutor. If you create a schema like this:

<Level nameColumn="%{some.column.name}" (...)

... the schema processor will see that variable and substitute it with whatever is in the localization file, thus switching the column according to the Locale..
    Luc Boudreau
    aka. Luc le Magnifique
    aka. Monsieur Oui Oui

Lead Engineer, Pentaho Corporation
    Web: http://devdonkey.blogspot.com
    Twitter: luclemagnifique
    IRC: Monsieur_Oui_Oui@freenode

Oh thank you! I was actually already thinking about this solution but I stopped when I noticed the Schema Workbench didn't understand it (it said something like "error: unknown column").