Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Integrating Birt 3.7 to Pentaho

Default Integrating Birt 3.7 to Pentaho

Hello everybody,

I´m trying to integrate Birt 3.7.2 with Pentaho 3.8 and every information, tutorials, manuals,......, I see are from older versions. If I do what in those manuals I see it give some errors.

Has anyone make this integration?

I want to make it to run like a plug-in of pentaho, like the one on this entry of the wiki: http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Serv...in+Pentaho+3.0
    , not using the viewer option that has Birt platform, because I want to keep the Pentaho Security.

Thanks.

Yes I did in pentaho bi-server 4.5 with birt 3.7.2 You have to pay attention at the version. Let's have a look at this thread. http://b-e-o.blogspot.it/2010/09/run...ipse-birt.html
    Unfortunately I haven't been lucky to work with Jasper-Report and Pentaho. If you see the other thread you can understand that I found a lot of difficulty to work with an old plugin and with the latest jasper version.

Hi kettle,

thanks for your quick reply.

In this thread you tell me is making an integration with the web viewer of Birt, and I would like to integrate it as a plugin of pentaho, because I want keep pentaho security and use it with other modules of pentaho, like within a cdf.

On the thread also mention to a plugin that could make it, but the link does not carry me to anywhere.

How do you made your integration?

I don´t want that the Birt Viewer open my report, i want that the one who's open the report would be pentaho, and i don´t know if its possible with earlier versions of pentaho and birt (i´m testing with Pentaho 3.8 and Birt 3.7.2)

Can anyone help me on this subject?

Thanks.
    Last edited by jperez; 06-25-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jperez View Post
    Hi kettle,

thanks for your quick reply.

In this thread you tell me is making an integration with the web viewer of Birt, and I would like to integrate it as a plugin of pentaho, because I want keep pentaho security and use it with other modules of pentaho, like within a cdf.

On the thread also mention to a plugin that could make it, but the link does not carry me to anywhere.

How do you made your integration?

I don´t want that the Birt Viewer open my report, i want that the one who's open the report would be pentaho, and i don´t know if its possible with earlier versions of pentaho and birt (i´m testing with Pentaho 3.8 and Birt 3.7.2)

Can anyone help me on this subject?

Thanks.
    there is also the plugin there: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8t6...hl=en_US&pli=1

Sorry but I think I´m not explainig as well as i´d like.

I don´t want to use the Birt Viewer to open the report, I have a .rptdesign and I want to use it like another element of pentaho platform, so I can put it on a Dashboard like i can put a Jpivot element or an analyzer element, without Birt Viewer platform, which paginates me the report and make my layout fails.

In older versions if i make an integration like explaining here http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Serv...in+Pentaho+3.0 I could do that but nowadays I´m not able to implement this kind of integration.

Is posible to do it?
    Has anyone done it?

Quote Originally Posted by jperez View Post
    Sorry but I think I´m not explainig as well as i´d like.

I don´t want to use the Birt Viewer to open the report, I have a .rptdesign and I want to use it like another element of pentaho platform, so I can put it on a Dashboard like i can put a Jpivot element or an analyzer element, without Birt Viewer platform, which paginates me the report and make my layout fails.

In older versions if i make an integration like explaining here http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Serv...in+Pentaho+3.0 I could do that but nowadays I´m not able to implement this kind of integration.

Is posible to do it?
    Has anyone done it?
    I don't know I'm using the Birt Viewer When I browse with PUC my file I simply click on a .rptdesign file and this open a window embedded in puc with the Birt Viewer. This is what I reached. I don't know what exactly you want to be able to do.

O.K. Kettle, thank you so much for your interesting.
    Another question that would help me with that, supposing I finally need to use the Birt Viewer, how can I guess to apply the Pentaho security?
    How do you do that?because for me is the principal problem I have not to use it, as you can write the url and you´re in viewing the report.

Thank you so much!

In this moment I don't have this problem because I'm developing a demo so I didn't think about security problem. I'm just starting to learn BIRT and I'm seeing that is really easy as Reporting Tool.
    My nickname in pentaho ##irc channel is AndromedaK so if you would like to discuss about pentaho and other things about it join at the channel or send me a private message with your mail address.

Thanks

QUOTE=jperez;285859]O.K. Kettle, thank you so much for your interesting.
    Another question that would help me with that, supposing I finally need to use the Birt Viewer, how can I guess to apply the Pentaho security?
    How do you do that?because for me is the principal problem I have not to use it, as you can write the url and you´re in viewing the report.

Thank you so much![/QUOTE]