Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: problem with Geomap and Latitude-Longitude

Default problem with Geomap and Latitude-Longitude

Hi,
    I have a problem using the Latitude and Longitude coordinates in the Geo Service of trial version BA Server 4.5.0.
    in detail
    table the dimension of the territory
    CREATE TABLE COMUNI
    (
    COMUNE CHAR(6) NOT NULL,
    DESC_COMUNE VARCHAR2(250),
    COMUNE_LAT NUMBER(19,12),
    COMUNE_LNG NUMBER(19,12),
    CONSTRAINT TEST_COMUNI_PK PRIMARY KEY (COMUNE)
    );
    a row of example: 001272 Torino 45.05 7.666667

the relative portion of the schema (in xml)
    <Dimension type="StandardDimension" visible="true" name="comuni" caption="Dimensione dei comuni" description="Dimensione dei comuni con localizzazione">
    <Hierarchy name="comuni" visible="true" primaryKey="COMUNE" caption="Comuni">
    <Table name="COMUNI" />
    <Level name="COMUNE" visible="true" table="COMUNI" column="COMUNE" nameColumn="DESC_COMUNE" ordinalColumn="COMUNE" type="String" uniqueMembers="true" caption="Comune">
    <Annotations>
    <Annotation name="Data.Role">
    <![CDATA[Geography]]>
    </Annotation>
    <Annotation name="Geo.Role">
    <![CDATA[location]]>
    </Annotation>
    </Annotations>
    <Property name="COMUNE_LAT" column="COMUNE_LAT" type="Numeric">
    </Property>
    <Property name="COMUNE_LNG" column="COMUNE_LNG" type="Numeric">
    </Property>
    </Level>
    </Hierarchy>
    </Dimension>

but does not work.
    where is my mistake? What have I forgotten?
    thanks in advance.

You need to add more details to this post. What doesn't work? What have you tried? What are you expecting? What is the result of what you are describing above?

You might also want to switch to the BI platform forum instead of Mondrian's. Your issue doesn't seem to be specific to Mondrian.
    Luc Boudreau
    aka. Luc le Magnifique
    aka. Monsieur Oui Oui

Lead Engineer, Pentaho Corporation
    Web: http://devdonkey.blogspot.com
    Twitter: luclemagnifique
    IRC: Monsieur_Oui_Oui@freenode

Quote Originally Posted by lucboudreau View Post
    You need to add more details to this post. What doesn't work? What have you tried? What are you expecting? What is the result of what you are describing above?

You might also want to switch to the BI platform forum instead of Mondrian's. Your issue doesn't seem to be specific to Mondrian.
    Thanks, asap I write a post with more details in the section indicated

I am also having problems with Geomaps. I am trying to map data of Austrlia with state and postal code. When using country australia it works and I get a map with circle on Australia. From this I get optoin to "double click for State" but when I do this I get no informaiton on the map. My table does change and include states form data.
    I have setup :

In \pentaho\server\biserver-ee\pentaho-solutions\system\pentaho-geo\data

1. Created a AU_PostalCode.csv file
    2. Renamed au_municipality.csv to xx_municipality.csv (the file did not have any Australian info and seem to be incorrectly named). I also renamed as_municipality.csv to au_municipality.csv as this seems to be the Australian info). I assume the files must all start with au as this is the 2digit code for Australia?
    3. The word_CountrySubdivision.csv file seems to contain all the Australian states “CountrySubdivision”. I did add 3 digit codes in the “CountrySubdivisionCode” for each of these in this table.

In \pentaho\server\biserver-ee\pentaho-solutions\system\pentaho-geo\dataimport
    1. Created import_au_postalcode.ktr file. I used note pad and edited import_us_postalcode.ktr changing us to au and then saved with file extension ktr. Not sure if this is OK?

What else can I do to get this to work? Here example of my table by state...
    Name:  example data.PNG
Views: 282
Size:  8.3 KB

Question

Quote Originally Posted by M4rs View Post
    Ok, after contacting the technical service of Pentaho, they gave me an answer.
    In fact, I must define positions of my department. At the start, there is no department of France which are defined in Pentaho.

So, I must edit/add the corresponding file with the corresponding datas in {PENTAHO_FOLDER}\server\biserver-ee\pentaho-solutions\system\pentaho-geo\data, and to define a hierarchy in the mondrian xml file.
    Hello Luc,

Could you possible help me with a problem with Geo Mapping. See informaiton below.

I am trying to map data of Austrlia with state and postal code. When using country australia it works and I get a map with circle on Australia. From this I get optoin to "double click for State" but when I do this I get no informaiton on the map. My table does change and include states form data.
    I have setup :

In \pentaho\server\biserver-ee\pentaho-solutions\system\pentaho-geo\data

1. Created a AU_PostalCode.csv file
    2. Renamed au_municipality.csv to xx_municipality.csv (the file did not have any Australian info and seem to be incorrectly named). I also renamed as_municipality.csv to au_municipality.csv as this seems to be the Australian info). I assume the files must all start with au as this is the 2digit code for Australia?
    3. The word_CountrySubdivision.csv file seems to contain all the Australian states “CountrySubdivision”. I did add 3 digit codes in the “CountrySubdivisionCode” for each of these in this table.

In \pentaho\server\biserver-ee\pentaho-solutions\system\pentaho-geo\dataimport

1. Created import_au_postalcode.ktr file. I used note pad and edited import_us_postalcode.ktr changing us to au and then saved with file extension ktr. Not sure if this is OK?

What else can I do to get this to work? Here example of my table by state...

Jans, this thread was created by 'ronin'. It is rude to hijack's someone's thread with your own issues. Please create your own forum thread and we will gladly help you.
    Luc Boudreau
    aka. Luc le Magnifique
    aka. Monsieur Oui Oui

Lead Engineer, Pentaho Corporation
    Web: http://devdonkey.blogspot.com
    Twitter: luclemagnifique
    IRC: Monsieur_Oui_Oui@freenode

Default Sorry

Hi Luc, I am sorry. Did not realize I am being rude. I am still new to the forum world and I was thinking that we could share info on Geomap and might find the same issues and solution. I will attempt to create a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lucboudreau View Post
    Jans, this thread was created by 'ronin'. It is rude to hijack's someone's thread with your own issues. Please create your own forum thread and we will gladly help you.

Hello

Using Pentaho ce,I would like to visualize into maps results of mdx querries on spatial dimensions with geometry attributes (representing provinces,comunes clusters,neighborhoods...)stored in Postgis.
    I found about the GeoMap component, but i don't know if it's the right tool for this purpose.

Would anyone please help!
    Thanks in advance