Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Multiple datasets in report body

Post Multiple datasets in report body

Hi,

I'm trying to create a report that displays the results of two datasets in series.

Currently I have a subreport for each dataset. The master report has a single row dataset. I added a single field to the Details section, but with a zero height so it is not displayed.

This works but it seems like a hack. Is there another way to do this?

Thanks,
    -Jeff

Actually, this doesn't exactly work. When I set the text field in the master report body to 0 height, the report header doesn't print.

There is absolutely no need to add anything to the details band on your master-report. If you have two independent subreports that should be printed at the same time, then just add them to the master's report-header. The report-header as well as all group-headers (and the respective footers) get printed regardless on whether there is data in your report.

And then: If the subreports should be printed one after another, then make sure you add "banded" subreports. If you add inline subreports, you have to ensure that one subreport does not overwrite the other. Use inline-subreports if you want to print them next to each other.

Read more about layouting here: http://www.sherito.org/2011/03/eleme...n-pentaho.html
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Moving them to the report-header did exactly what I was looking for. Thanks much!