Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: What is my domain-id?

Default What is my domain-id?

I am creating a new report in the pentaho report designer and there is a dialog box which asks for my 'Domain id/BI-Server Solution Name'. I've googled on this issue and I've found two common answers:

1. The domain id is the name of the folder that you are publishing to when you publish your report. (see http://forums.pentaho.com/showthread...3-5#post226710) Note - This did not work for me when I tried it.

2. The domain id matches one of the ids in the Pentaho Metadata Editor, but I'm not sure which one. I've tried the id for the physical table (starting with PT), the id for the Business Table (starting with BT), and the id for the business view (starting with BC). However, none of these has worked.

Regardless of what I name my domain id/name, I get the following error:

Code:
    2012-07-09 13:27:58,055 ERROR [org.pentaho.metadata.repository.FileBasedMetadataDomainRepository] FileBasedMetadataDomainRepository.ERROR_0006 - domain not found: name_of_my_domain
    2012-07-09 13:27:58,055 ERROR [org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.extensions.datasources.pmd.SimplePmdDataFactory] error
    org.pentaho.pms.core.exception.PentahoMetadataException: QueryXmlHelper.ERROR_0009 - Domain Instance 'name_of_my_domain' returned null
    What do I need to name my domain to make it match the expected domain name?

Thanks!

I've attached a screenshot of the dialog box which asks for my domain id.
    Name:  Domain ID Dialog.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  17.2 KB

I finally figured out that my 'domain id' is the 'Publish Location' specified in the Pentaho Metadata Editor when you publish the metadata.