Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not create file "file:///home/...fi

Default org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not create file "file:///home/...fi

Hi,

I am getting following error . Transformation needs to import around 50000 xml files using webserices..
    Let me know why it is coming...

INFO 13-07 16:54:42,672 - <transformation name> - Dispatching started for transformation [<transformation name>]
    INFO 13-07 16:54:42,857 - Modified Java Script Value - Optimization level set to 9.
    ERROR 13-07 17:15:31,656 - Save XML File - Unexpected error
    ERROR 13-07 17:15:31,656 - Save XML File - org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleException:
    Error opening new file : org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleFileException:

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not create file "file:///home/pentaho/<path>/<xml_file>.xml".
    Could not create file "file:///home/pentaho/<path>/<xml_file>.xml".

Could not create file "file:///home/pentaho/<path>/<xml_file>.xml".

at org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.textfileoutput.TextFileOutput.openNewFile(TextFileOutput.java:686)
    at org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.textfileoutput.TextFileOutput.setDataWriterForFilename(TextFileOutput.java:203)
    at org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.textfileoutput.TextFileOutput.processRow(TextFileOutput.java:179)
    at org.pentaho.di.trans.step.RunThread.run(RunThread.java:50)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

INFO 13-07 17:15:31,658 - Get Variables - Finished processing (I=0, O=0, R=38588, W=38588, U=0, E=0)
    ERROR 13-07 17:15:31,659 - <transformation name> - Errors detected!
    ERROR 13-07 17:15:31,660 - <transformation name> - Errors detected!
    INFO 13-07 17:15:31,702 - Table input - Finished reading query, closing connection.

Regards,
    Pramod.

I sincerely hope the filename is not as given in your post...

How about the usual suspects: Invalid filename? Disk full?
    What about the operating system? Windows imposes a length restriction to a pathname.
    The errror seems to occur with input row 38588. You had already 38.587 files created in the course of your transformation?
    Try to create the file manually, right after the error occured.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Default .vfs.FileSystemException...

the os is Redhat Unix and the line number is the line number line# of the logfile into which i captured the output of ./kitchen.sh <cmd> output. The job is importing files using webservices.
    Please let me know why this error is happening and what is happening and how to solve this.

Quote Originally Posted by marabu View Post
    I sincerely hope the filename is not as given in your post...

How about the usual suspects: Invalid filename? Disk full?
    What about the operating system? Windows imposes a length restriction to a pathname.
    The errror seems to occur with input row 38588. You had already 38.587 files created in the course of your transformation?
    Try to create the file manually, right after the error occured.