Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Cannot copy files in Hadoop using PDI-CE-4.3.0

Default Cannot copy files in Hadoop using PDI-CE-4.3.0

Hi, Don't know if anyone is experiencing this. I am running Pentaho DI Community edition v4.3.0. I am trying to copy files within HDFS. I create a job. Drop a Hadoop Copy Files action under Big Data on the Palette.

I specify the file/folder source as hdfs://localhost:9000/input/logfiles and file/folder destination as hdfs://localhost:9000/output/logfiles

When I save and run the job, it fails and what I notice is that the source URL it uses is hdfs://localhost/input/logfiles, the port number 9000 is missing. Has anyone experienced this problem.

Hi Can u post the error so that we can confirm what you are doing wrong???

There might be a problem u didnt set properties properly in core-site.xml,hdfs-site.xml... Post ur core-site.xml,hdfs-site.xml,mapred-site.xml content here we will give you the solution what mistakes u are doing..

which Hadoop version u have installed in ur system??

Thanks & Regards
    Vijay

Quote Originally Posted by danoomistmatiste View Post
    Hi, Don't know if anyone is experiencing this. I am running Pentaho DI Community edition v4.3.0. I am trying to copy files within HDFS. I create a job. Drop a Hadoop Copy Files action under Big Data on the Palette.

I specify the file/folder source as hdfs://localhost:9000/input/logfiles and file/folder destination as hdfs://localhost:9000/output/logfiles

When I save and run the job, it fails and what I notice is that the source URL it uses is hdfs://localhost/input/logfiles, the port number 9000 is missing. Has anyone experienced this problem.
    Last edited by yvkumar; 07-19-2012 at 02:53 AM.

Same thing post in Pentaho Big Data forums ..