Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: [Loop] Need some help building a loop job / transformation

Default [Loop] Need some help building a loop job / transformation

I am trying to get this done, but I'm having some difficulties which I don't know how to solve, yet.

I have a list of categories ids in a text file, named cat_ids.csv. For example:
    etc.

I have a second file with all products in it, and also a category_id which is 'linked' to the category id's in the other file. For example:
    product A | 001
    product B | 001
    product C | 123
    product D | 654
    (this products.csv contains around 80 000 products)

What I want to achieve is to loop through all categories and get the first 10 products within that category.

Basiscally, it's working except for the part where the loop is suppossed to be.

How can I do this with a job?

I'm not sure if you really need the file cat_ids.csv, but it would be an inner join if you do.
    Make sure both files are sorted by cat_id, anyway.
    Add a grouped sequence number to the product CSV file using step "Add value fields changing sequence" and filter all rows with a sequence number less than 11.
    Voila.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by marabu View Post
    I'm not sure if you really need the file cat_ids.csv, but it would be an inner join if you do.
    Make sure both files are sorted by cat_id, anyway.
    Add a grouped sequence number to the product CSV file using step "Add value fields changing sequence" and filter all rows with a sequence number less than 11.
    Voila.
    Wow! That's a pretty neat step! Thanks for your help. Looping isn't necessary anymore in this case. Thanks again.