Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Microsoft Excel Output Step error 'filename' missing when it the first field listed?

Default Microsoft Excel Output Step error 'filename' missing when it the first field listed?

Can somebody explain this one to me please?

I have used the Get System File Name Step to create the field 'filename' and run my Transformation only to find the error: Microsoft Excel Output.0 - ERROR (version 4.3.0-GA, build 16753 from 2012-04-18 21.39.30 by buildguy) : Field [filename] couldn't be found in the input stream!

When I preview the input to the Microsoft Excel Output step the field 'filename' is clearly the first field variable! What do I do please? I want to know what file was processed for posterity.

Name:  Excel Err01.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  37.8 KB
    Regards Vince

I posted this problem last Month and got no reply, but doesanybody know how to store the: File Name from the 'GET SYSTEM VARIABLES' Step?
    It was the very first step in my transformation and it wasclearly there and input as a parameter, but it got lost!
    Regards Vince

You should post a transformation, that can be run everywhere and that does show your problem.

In my version of PDI there are no steps "Get System Variables" and "Get System File Name".
    Lack of precision in your problem statement could be the reason, why nobody answered your call for help.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I think that I have answered my own question here because I have found a TAB called: Additional output variables and when you give it a variable name then it stores the system variable that is otherwise lost.

Name:  Store System Variable.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  33.9 KB
    Regards Vince