Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: 1 Hour Delay - Why + How to eliminate

Question 1 Hour Delay - Why + How to eliminate

I recently noticed one of my data extraction jobs is taking a very long time. Setting logging to Rowlevel provided no useful insight onto why this delay is occuring.

The ETL job is very simple - it only extracts data from a database and saves it to a flat file. If I can delete this delay it would improve the total run time to a more reasonable level.

Please let me know what you think. I've highlighted the 1-hour delay in red.

Code:
    INFO 24-07 09:18:14,536 - START - Starting job entry

INFO 24-07 09:18:14,536 - 03-04_RUN_WEEKLY_AUTOMATION_PERFORMANCE_DATA_EXTRACT_DAILY - 03-04_RUN_WEEKLY_AUTOMATION_PERFORMANCE_DATA_EXTRACT_DAILY

INFO 24-07 10:18:22,235 - 03-04_RUN_WEEKLY_AUTOMATION_PERFORMANCE_DATA_EXTRACT_DAILY - Starting entry [03-05a_OBTAIN_WEEKLY_AUTOMATION_PERFORMANCE_DATA_EXTRACT]

INFO 24-07 10:18:22,236 - 03-04_RUN_WEEKLY_AUTOMATION_PERFORMANCE_DATA_EXTRACT_DAILY - exec(1, 0, 03-05a_OBTAIN_WEEKLY_AUTOMATION_PERFORMANCE_DATA_EXTRACT.0)

If you open the settings window for the "Start" job entry, do you have an interval set?

Yes, I just noticed that as well. Seems the interval was on accident.

Looking at other jobs .kjb I can see the <schedulerType>0</schedulerType>

this job has a <schedulerType>1</schedulerType>

A quick test of the job highlights success:

Kitchen - Processing ended after 1 minutes and 41 seconds (101 seconds total).

Thank you much!